Tuesday 3 April 2012

My wifes chases me with cutlass,london returnee tells judge.

A Divorce seeking London returnee, Felix Ijidakinduro, has accused his wife, Bolanle, of chasing him naked with cutlass and knife at home.

The painter who is seeking the dissolution of their marriage at an Alimosho Grade 'A' Customary Court, Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, futher accused his wife of constantly fighting him with dangerous weapons, disobedience, lack of care for him, not submissive, adding he did not love her anymore.

The father of three told the court that trouble started when he came back to Nigeria a few months ago to check on his family and he could not thus travel back abroad.

He said he has since spent all the money he came back with and has been persuading his wife to see reason with him on why they should sell their house in order to take care of the family to no avail, hence his decision to sack her.

His words,"she has been chasing me round the house naked with cutlass and knife just because I told her that we should sell our house in order to be able to take care of the family. When I was coming back to the country a few months ago, my passport got destroyed and I couldn't go back again.

"It was when I was abroad that I sent all the money that she used to build the houses, a three bedroom bungalow and two self contain. But as it is now, I don't have a dime with me and my children are suffering. If we sell the house now, we can get another landed property at Sango, in Ogun State and build a new house.

"Even before I decided that I will sell the house, I approached banks for loan and they told me that the building has no Certificate of Occupancy, C of O. Since my wife got the court summon, she has called our pastor and all the landlords in the neighbourhood to beg on her behalf and we resolved that she will sign an undertaking that she will comply with whatever I want to do with my house. What I want the court to do now is make her sign the undertaking else am divorcing her," he told the court.

Ijidakinduro told the court further that if he cannot get a land at Sango to build a new house, he would rather go back to his hometown, Ondo State and start a new life there.

Reacting, Bolanle who was close to tears, pleaded with the court not to dissolve their marriage, adding that she still loves her husband.

She told the court that since the marital crisis began, her husband has not been sleeping at home and often spent weeks outside not caring about their welfare.

" Because I don't want him to sell the house, he abandoned us and started going for weeks without looking back or caring about our welfare. Sometimes he will come back home dead drunk. I don't know what he want to be doing in Ondo State if he travels back there?

"All my effort to make him return to our old church was to no avail. It was with the assistance of the pastor that I was able to build those houses while he was abroad, but he said people will be making jest of him because he has no money again," she said.

She told the court further that she was ready to sign the undertaking if doing so will be the only condition that will make her to remain in her marriage.

All efforts by the court to make the man see reason with his wife to rescind his decision about selling the house yielded no results, and the matter was adjourned for futher hearing, while both parties were asked to come with their relatives for chamber interview. -wild naijan
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments: